More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster
We’ve seen time and again that the Colorado Avalanche go how Nathan MacKinnon goes. He’s not the captain of the team, but he’s the team’s on-ice leader. You only have to look at the entire team’s reaction when he went down with an injury in Game 7 of the second round last year — they were deflated.
The Avs can win without him when they have to, but it’s so much better off when they don’t have to. He’s our MVP, even if the NHL doesn’t want to admit that and award him the Hart Trophy.
What’s more, in every playoffs he’s played in for the Avalanche, he’s recorded at least a point a game — and often more. In the two rounds last year he had 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points in 25 games.
If the Avs have any chance of a deep playoff run and eventual victory, it rests on the shoulder of the wunderkid from Cole Harbour.
The above players can do wonders for the Colorado Avalanche if they have great games in the playoffs, whatever that might look like this season.