Mar 20, 2015; Anaheim, CA, USA; Colorado Avalanche goalieSemyon Varlamov
(1) blocks a shot on goal as defenseman Nick Holden (2) defends Anaheim Ducks left wingPatrick Maroon
(19) during the third period at Honda Center. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Non-question: Will the Colorado Avalanche minimize shots against?
This is a non-question because Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy has already answered it more or less. During free agency interviews, when the Colorado Avalanche were making all their personnel changes, reporters asked coach Roy if minimizing shots against was a determining factor in some of those personnel changes.
Patrick Roy answered the way he answered the last two seasons — it’s not so much about minimizing the shots on goal as minimizing the scoring chances.
What about you, Avs Nation? What are the big questions concerning the Avalanche defense that you have?
More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster