As we (slowly) near the beginning of the season, Colorado Avalanche fans might be looking for ideas for their fantasy hockey team name. We’ve got you covered.
I have been playing fantasy football for a number of years. As a fan of the Broncos, I have used “The Vonster Mash” for a while now. That is in respect of former Broncos great Von Miller. The beauty of fantasy sports names is that there are so many possibilities.
What do you think of this list? Do you have any other Avalanche-related fantasy hockey team names? We would love to hear your ideas in the comment section.
1. Sakic Medium — This one is pretty self explanatory as, in my mind, Joe Sakic has “psychic” powers when forming this past team that won the Stanley Cup. The General Manager of the Year brought in some superstars.
2. Dude, Where’s Makar? — Even if you’re not into movies, you probably still should have heard of the movie “Dude, Where’s My Car?” It’s a movie that was released in late-2000 starring Ashton Kutcher, Seann William Scott, Kristy Swanson, Jennifer Garner, and Marla Sokoloff.
3. Makar is Faster than Your Car — Okay, have you ever come across those people who rev their car engines way too loudly and for an excruciatingly long time? Yeah…
Okay, but seriously, back to hockey. Have you seen Avalanche defenseman Cale Makar on the ice? If you’re here, you probably understand.
4. Cap’n Newhook — Are there and Disney fans out there? Of course there are! How about Peter Pan? Well, if you’re familiar, there’s a character called Captain Hook, who literally has a hook for a hand.
I personally would love to see Alex Newhook take a step up on the Avalanche this season, potentially in the role of replacing Nazem Kadri.
5. Bowen Arrow — Bowen Byram should have a bigger role for the Colorado Avalanche than in the past. This is a pun on “Bow and Arrow.”
6. Hejda’s Gonna Hate — Jan Hejda’s was a defenceman for the Colorado Avalanche from 2011-14. His last name is pronounced “Hey-Dah”. It seems like a New York-style accent thing.
7. Av A Great Day — Well, it’s always nice when someone tells you to have a great day!
8. Going on a Rant(anen) — Is your team not doing so well? Maybe you should make a trade for Mikko.
9. Valeri’s ChooChoo Train — Choo Choo! Valeri Nichushkin earned a contract extension with the Avalanche this offseason. Better get onboard if you aren’t already.
10. Big Foote — One of the best logos in team history is the iconic foot. Pair that with former Avalanche Adam Foote, and there you have it!
What are some of your favourite Avalanche Fantasy Hockey names that are or are not on this list?