Oct 29, 2015; Dallas, TX, USA; Dallas Stars left wing Jamie Benn (14) celebrates scoring the game winning goal against the Vancouver Canucks during the overtime period at the American Airlines Center. The Stars defeat the Canucks 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster
The first month of NHL hockey is in the books, which means: it’s time for the first Central Division power ranking. Without wanting to spoil anything, the Colorado Avalanche obviously cannot be handed a very high rank right now. It’s sad, but it’s reality.
So, who are the teams to beat in the division right now? That isn’t even easy to say, since the majority of the division currently owns a top-10 spot in the league. However, the teams are all different, and finding success in different ways. The only problem: the Avalanche is finding ways to do a lot of things wrong. Oh well.
We are only a little over 10 games into the season, so there is still a lot that can change. For bottom teams like the Avalanche and Chicago Blackhawks, things will have to change quickly, though, or they will lose touch with the top quickly. But see for yourselves.
Next: #7 - Colorado Avalanche