Sep 24, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Colorado Avalanche center Ben Street (10) takes a shot on Calgary Flames goalie Joni Ortio (37) in the first period during a preseason game at Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Colorado Avalanche Call-Up: Ben Street
Second surprise of the day: Ben Street is on this list. At 28, time is running away for him. At 5-foot-11, he also isn’t much bigger than Agozzino. However, despite being rather small, Street possesses a decent two-way game.
In the 2015-16 NHL preseason, Street didn’t record a point, but he ripped off shots like no one else did. In his first AHL game of the season, he had 11 shots, scored a goal and recorded two assists. He, too, is one of the Rampage’s alternate captains. Street may not be the biggest forward, but he’s definitely one of the hardest-working ones.
If he got a chance on the Colorado Avalanche, he could look good on a line with Carl Soderberg and Blake Comeau. Or basically with anyone else on a newly formatted third line, e.g. John Mitchell and/or Mikhail Grigorenko. I’ll leave that to Roy once the time has come.
More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster