Apr 17, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; Colorado Avalanche center Paul Stastny (26) celebrates with teammates after scoring the game winning goal during the overtime period of game one of the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs against the Minnesota Wild at Pepsi Center. Mandatory Credit: Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
The Colorado Avalanche Will Not Finish Last in Central
So, what does that mean? Well, finishing last is a very realistic outcome — that’s just a fact. Let 10 objective hockey writers do a Central Division power ranking, and nine out of 10 will have the Colorado Avalanche in last place.
But power rankings aren’t everything, and they usually don’t resemble the actual standings. It will be a tough task, and the Avalanche may miss the playoffs again, but I am sure they’ll find a way to not finish last. That may not be as good as you may have hoped to hear, but it’s realistic. Not very bold, but it’s a prediction.
What do you think of those predictions? Do you agree with them? Let us know in the comments!
More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster