Apr 3, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; A general view of the Pepsi Center score board prior to the start of a shootout period between the New York Rangers against the Colorado Avalanche. The Avalanche won 3-2 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
More from Mile High Sticking
- Could Colorado Avalanche move on from Pavel Francouz next offseason?
- 4 goalies to replace Pavel Francouz if he has to miss time
- Colorado Avalanche make sneaky signing with Tatar
- Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog could return in 2023-24 playoffs
- Colorado Avalanche rookie face-off tournament roster
The Colorado Avalanche will officially start into its 20th season in almost three weeks, when the team commences the annual training camp on September 17 (September 13 for rookies). That’s when we will finally get a first glimpse at the new players’ abilities, and an idea for where each of them may realistically slot in on the lineup. However, predictions are more fun before that, when you know little, and more guesswork is involved.
Will Nathan MacKinnon bounce back from his rough sophomore season? Will the Colorado Avalanche bounce back from a rough season as a whole? What about the new players? Can they fill the roles they are supposed to?
It’s impossible to answer these questions for sure, but here are five rather bold predictions for the 2015-16 Colorado Avalanche season.
Next: Avs Prediction #5