Happy Gameday, Avs Nation! The Avalanche host the Minnesota Wild tonight at Pepsi Center. Be sure to check out our preview of the game!
Here’s some reading to go with your morning coffee.
- Thorough write-up for anyone needing a refresher on how the 2013-2014 Avalanche roster was built; almost every notable starter is covered (The Hockey Writers)
- Adrian Dater posits that Colorado’s success this season goes beyond just Patrick Roy behind the bench (Denver Post)
- In-depth article on The Kid’s progress this season (Halifax Chronicle Herald)
From this week:
- Newly acquired Edmonton goalie Ben Scrivens made 59 saves (!!!) last night in a shutout win versus the Sharks (TSN)
- The Rangers defeated the Islanders on a frigid Stadium Series matchup at Yankee Stadium (AP via SI.com)
- Speaking of the Rangers: they apparently are shopping captain Ryan Callahan (ESPN.com)
- Allan Muir’s weekly SI.com Power Rankings (SI.com)
- Would the Devils really consider trading Martin Brodeur? (The Hockey News)
- ESPN outlined the best players in the NHL of every age…really (ESPN Insider)
- The Predators shouldn’t even consider trading Shea Weber (PredLines)
- When it rains it pours, eh Evander Kane? (Hockey at the Forks)
- The Phoenix Coyotes are drastically changing their name for next season (TSN)
- Behind the scenes at the recent Stadium Series games (SI.com)
Old, random, or cool:
- Everybody loves a goalie fight! (SI.com)
- The 25 Greatest Sports Movie Villains (Extra Mustard)
- Complete men’s hockey rosters for the Sochi Olympic Games (SI.com)
- I just couldn’t resist.