AVALANCHE ESCAPE WITH 4-3 WIN IN DALLAS
WOW! The Avs and Stars got together for quite the entertaining hockey game last night at American Airlines Center. Despite a ridiculous number of great scoring chances for the Stars, Semyon Varlamov was brilliant all game in helping the Avalanche (33-14-5) escape with a 4-3 victory. The picture above is definitely an accurate representation of last night’s showdown. Amid a flurry (see what I did there?!) of quality shots on goal, odd-man rushes, and entry passes, Varly propelled the club to victory with his 41 saves. While the Stars seemed to have so many “that’s a goal” plays fall just shy of crossing the red line, Tyler Seguin (2 G, 1 A) and Jamie Benn (1 G, 1 A) were bright spots for the team. With this win, the Avalanche finished off their season series with Dallas 4-1.
Andrew Dill over at Mile High Maniac wrote up an excellent game recap today, so I’m going to just tip my cap to him and send you over there. But below are some other Avs-related notes/reflections/thoughts from around the hockey world:
- The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater offers his post-game thoughts.
- Are the Avalanche close to trading P.A. Parenteau? He was a healthy scratch last night, and Montreal seems to be talking with Colorado.
- Andi over at Mile High Hockey breaks down possible hosting venues for a potential Colorado Stadium Series game
- WARNING: this Patrick Roy gif will hurt your immediate productivity (but it’s worth it)
- Writing a piece for Bleacher Report, Adrian Dater thinks Patrick Roy is a shoe-in for Coach of the Year
The Avs host the Minnesota Wild on Thursday at Pepsi Center.