Well talk about coincidences, yesterday late afternoon DDC from Mile High Hockey posted a “Quickie Recap” and I have to do the same today due to time restraints. This game doesn’t exactly call for a long recap so not much is lost. Except for another Avs game.
- Another loss for Peter Budaj was another failed attempt at career win number 100.
- Milan Hejduk’s 2nd period goal gives him 11 straight seasons of 20+ goals, tying the Avalanche record.
- The Avalanche had over half their shots in the 2nd period while having a slow start and weak finish. This is an ongoing problem.
- Shawn Belle made his Avalanche debut and played 18 minutes.
- Matt Duchene’s point streak ended at 6 games yesterday.
- After having 26 SOG during his 6 game point streak, Duchene had one SOG yesterday. Think there is a pattern there?
- On the plus side: Matt Duchene was the only player with a +1.
- COL Scratches: A. Foote, D. Koci, M. Hunwick, R. Wilson, and M. Olver.
- Kings star Anze Kopitar broke his ankle on a seemingly routine check by O’Byrne. That is a huge lost for them as they just lost Justin Williams. Not sure how they will be able to get past the first round in the playoffs with those absences.
- Willie Mitchell
- Michal Handzus (PPG)
- Milan Hejduk
- Ryan Smyth
- Trevor Lewis
Next Game: The Avs stay on the West to take on the Ducks Monday night.