No surprise that last night the Avalanche lost once again now making it 20 out of 21 games. This team practically has me speechless now, which is very hard to do. I would love to make a joke about how at least this time the Flames only scored five instead of nine but things are just so bad right now it just doesn’t work. I didn’t think anything could ever be worst than two years ago seeing Joe Sakic go out injured and the Avalanche buried in the standings but this is worse.
The Avalanche were buried from the first period going into the 1st intermission down 3-1 it was obvious this was another loss. There is no reason to recap this game play by play because it sounds to much like all of the other games. I just need to see this season end and hopefully the Avalanche can build on a bad season the way the Penguins and Blackhawks did years back.
- Erik Johnson left the game after blocking a shot he had 5:04 TOI.
- Cody McLeod is 3rd in the league in PIMs but 62 minutes are due to minor penalties.
- The best player on the ice for Avalanche was Matt Duchene, who had two assist.
- Congrats to Mark Olver who had his 1st career NHL goal!
- Matt Hunwick played some wing, again, and had 3 SOG.
- No surprise Philippe Dupuis had under 10 minutes TOI.
- Adam Foote and Milan Hejduk were injured scratches.
Goals: Will not be shown until the Avalanche win again.
Next Game: The Avs travel to Edmonton where they will still be the underdog despite Edmonton being behind them in standings.