Well I don’t want to lie to you good people so first thing I will honestly say is I did not see the whole game. Since I live on the east coast and this game started at 10:30 I had to get some sleep, spare me I do have to wake up at 5:45. But what I did see of the game, along with watching every highlight I could find, is the Avs looked nothing like themselves tonight, except the offense still is flat. Yes during this slide the Avs have had an anemic offense but in too many games there defense/goaltending gave them no chance, but not tonight. San Jose threatened all game with 35 total shots and even though the Avs only had 18 shots they never seemed to let up. The plus side of not watching the full game is that after San Jose tied the game at 1-1 with only 2:58 left to play it is likely I would have gone insane. Then added the nausea I would of had due to the shootout loss, lets just say it is better off I feel asleep. I guess one point is better than no points.
- David Koci played again tonight, Brandon Yip was the healthy scratch, and played 2:42. What is the point of this? I don’t know.
- The Avalanche broke a streak of 18 consecutive games of allowing 3+ goals. Lucky them because 19 would have been the record.
- Erik Johnson scored his second goal as an Avalanche played and has 4 points in 6 games with the club.
- Brian Elliot must be given kudos for his fantastic performance at least he gave us a shot, he can’t be crucified for the goal against.
- Matt Hunwick played another clean game and has looked good for a few games now.
- Maybe it is time to give Ryan O’Reilly awake up call and give him a healthy scratch soon?
Erik Johnson (unassisted) 1:18 PPG
Joe Thornton (Demers & Setoguchi) 17:02
Ryan Clowe (Shootout) GWG
Next Game: Avs host Oilers Saturday March 5th @ 8pm (MT)